This project develops new tools based on machine learning for integration of human biological measurements from multiple modalities with brain activity patterns. Application side, the project targets the neurobiology of perception, with a focus on socio-affective stimuli.
The project is headed by M Björnsdotter, in collaboration with the groups of Prof H. Olausson, Linköping University, Sweden, and Prof J. Dauwels, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
SYNEURGY is funded by the Seventh Framework Programme in the European Union in the form of a Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellowship (IOF) for the period 2012-06-30 - 2015-06-30.
- 2015-06-30. The SYNEURGY project is completed.
- Decoding Illusory Self-location from Activity in the Human Hippocampus is accepted for publication in Frontiers.
- Posterior Cingulate Cortex Integrates the Senses of Self-Location and Body Ownership is featured in a dispatch by Hugo Spiers.
- Posterior Cingulate Cortex Integrates the Senses of Self-Location and Body Ownership is accepted for publication in Current Biology.
- Patterns of neural activity in the human ventral premotor cortex reflect a whole-body multisensory percept is accepted for publication in Neuroimage.
- The project moves to the Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine (IKE) at Linköping University.
- Development of brain mechanisms for processing affective touch is published in Frontiers.
- Pattern classification in psychiatric neuroimaging is in print in Cognitive Critique.
- A multimodal approach to analysis of steady state visually evoked potentials was presented.
- Altered C-tactile processing in human dynamic tactile allodynia is published in PAIN.
- Clustered subsampling for clinically informed diagnostic brain mapping was presented at the 15th International Conference on Information Fusion, Singapore.
- Decoding static hand position from human brain activity was presented at the 2014 Meeting of the Australian Neuroscience Society, Adelaide, Australia
- Phenotypically informed diagnostic brain mapping: application to ADHD was presented at the Society for Neuroscience, San Diego, USA
- Decoding illusory out-of-body experiences was presented at the Society for Neuroscience, San Diego, USA (talk)
- The construction of a whole body multisensory gestalt by the human premotor cortex was presented at the Society for Neuroscience, San Diego, USA
- Epidemiology of Bieber Fever: GLEaMviz simulation of viral video diffusion was presented at the Annual meeting of the International Communication Association, London, UK
- Volume-of-interest subsampling for diagnostic brain mapping: application to the ADNI cohort was presented at the 19th Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping
- Searchlight goes GPU - fast multivoxel pattern analysis of fMRI was presented at the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Salt Lake City, USA
- Hypoactivation to biological motion identifies children at genetic risk of autism was presented at the Society for Neuroscience, New Orleans, USA
- Decoding a place-illusion from the human hippocampus was presented at the Society for Neuroscience, New Orleans, USA
- Distinct perception and insular processing of nociceptive and C-tactile stimulation in an A-beta denervated subject was presented at the Society for Neuroscience, New Orleans, USA
- Robust prediction of autism diagnosis from brain responses to biological motion was presented at the 18th Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping (talk)
- Shared and somatotopic representation of body wnership in multisensory brain areas was presented at the 18th Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping
- The perceived location of the self decoded from hippocampus responses during an out-of-body illusion was presented at the 18th Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping
- Diagnostic utility of brain mechanisms for processing biological motion was presented at the International Meeting for Autism Research.